Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

That Some Things are Better Left Unsaid. 30 Day Blog Challenge: #5 Things I want to say to an ex

Nothing. I don't believe that it is ever a good idea to discuss personal relationship issues on a blog (or facebook, or twitter, etc). Thought you'd be getting something juicy? Not this time. But there is a method to my madness.

I'm a strong believer that when you leave relationships and friendships you come out better if you get the way you feel out. Then, you can look back on situations saying that you resolved them as best as you could. Then, you wouldn't need to blog about them, write them on Facebook, and tweet about them on the off chance (sure...) that somebody will see it. Saying the truth directly to an ex when you part is important, whether they want to listen at the time or not. We all know that growth is important during the messy part of breaking up and after, because if you don't learn from your mistakes......you will make them again.

I'm not saying you should call your ex from fifteen years ago and tell him how you are greatly upset about something he did, or that you are sorry for something you did (you may laugh, but it happens) but if so, things like that are better said in person.

So, to my exes...I hope you learned from your mistakes, because I make it a goal in life to learn from mine.

Adios!!!!

2 comments:

Post a Comment